CH24 Watch of the Year is the most important event related to the luxury watch industry in Poland. Its aim is to select the best watches among those debuting in the last 12 months. The evaluation is based on functionality, innovation and details that make a particular piece stand out from its competitors.
The 60 nominated timepieces are competing for the awards in seven categories. In one of them, the CH24 readers decide on the winner by voting. In addition, an international jury also awards two extra prizes: the Special Jury Prize and the most important distinction, the Grand Prix.
The grand finale of the CH24 Watch of the Year competition is a gala event, held in the second half of November in Warsaw, at which representatives of the awarded brands officially receive the title together with a symbolic, hand-made and decorated statuette. The event brings together representatives of manufacturers, distributors, journalists and collectors.
The partner of the CH24 Watch of the Year competition is Porsche Poland.
The event is held under the honorary patronage of the Swiss Embassy in Poland, while the media patronage was taken by Vogue Polska magazine.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions of the CH24 Watch of the Year competition and the voting in the Public Prize category.See all
I. GENERAL TERMS
1. These Terms and Conditions define the terms and conditions under which the contest called “CH24 Watch of the Year”, hereinafter referred to as the “Contest”, is held and the conditions for participation in it.
2. CH24 WOTY is organised by CH24.PL (GTK Kiełtyka Tomasz based in Gliwice (44-100), Zygmunta Starego 24A/8, Poland), called hereinafter “CH24.PL”.
3. Election will take place in the following categories:
men’s watch (priced up to 3,000 euros)
ladies watch (priced up to 3,000 euros)
The timepieces will be selected by the jury (in alphabetical order):
Elizabeth Doerr – Co-founder and editor – Quill&Pad
Łukasz Doskocz – Editor in Chief – CH24.PL
Frank Geelen – Founder and executive editor – Monochrome-Watches
Kristian Haagen – Watch collector; editor – 8past10
Tomasz Jakubas – Editor in CH24.PL
Tomasz Kiełtyka – founder and owner – CH24.PL
Jan Lidmaňský – watch journalist
Magdalena Piekarska – Editor in CH24.PL
Johann Philip Rathgen – journalist, CEO at Classic Driver
Miguel Seabra – watch journalist and sports commentator
Jakub Filip Szymaniak – watch aficionado, manufacturer of hand-crafted straps
Two additional prizes will also be awarded: the Special Jury Prize (for outstanding achievement) and the Grand Prix.
4. Watch seleted in “Public Prize” category, will be chosen by Internet users. One person can vote only one time!
5. Purpose of competition is:
- spreading knowledge of watchmaking,
- selection of the best – according to Jury – watch in 2022
6. The competition is free of charge.
II. SELECTION OF THE PUBLIC PRIZE
- Voting to select the Watch of the Year in the “Public Prize” category will run at this site from October 1 to November 3, 2022 (until 11:59 pm).
- Each participant will be allowed to take part in voting only once. Attempting to vote multiple times will result in the cancellation of all votes cast by the person.
- Participation in the voting consists in clicking on the “Vote” button, located next to the watch selected by the Internet user, presented on the site, and then correctly completing the form and confirming the desire to participate in the competition by clicking on the “SEND” button.
- Members of the jury are excluded from voting in the “Public Prize” category.
- Participation in the voting is equal to acceptance of these regulations.
III. ELECTION OF THE WATCHES BY THE JURY
- Election of “CH24 Watch of The Year” will take place in four stages:
in the first stage (10.08.2022 – 15.09.2022) each member of the jury will pick up their choices in all categories (max. 10 watches in each category),
in second stage (15.09.2022 – 30.09.2022) each member of the jury will give points to proposed watches in all categories (from 10 to 1 points),
in third stage (01.10.2022 – 31.10.2022) the watches, that earned most points will be presented to the public in right categories,
in fourth stage (01.10.2022 – 15.10.2022) – basing on voting (10 to 1 points) – the jury will pick up winners in each category. Then again the jury will vote among all winners (10 to 1 points) to choose the Grand Prix award.
Information about the winners of the CH24 Watch of the Year will be published at ch24.pl until 30.12.2022.