CH24 Watch of the Year is the most important event related to the luxury watch industry in Poland. Its aim is to select the best watches among those debuting in the last 12 months. The evaluation is based on functionality, innovation and details that make a particular piece stand out from its competitors.
The 60 nominated timepieces are competing for the awards in seven categories. In one of them, the CH24 readers decide on the winner by voting. In addition, an international jury also awards two extra prizes: the Special Jury Prize and the most important distinction, the Grand Prix.
The grand finale of the CH24 Watch of the Year competition is a gala event, held in the second half of November in Warsaw, at which representatives of the awarded brands officially receive the title together with a symbolic, hand-made and decorated statuette. The event brings together representatives of manufacturers, distributors, journalists and collectors.
The partner of the CH24 Watch of the Year competition is Porsche Poland.
The event is held under the honorary patronage of the Swiss Embassy in Poland, while the media patronage was taken by Vogue Polska magazine.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions of the CH24 Watch of the Year competition and the voting in the Public Prize category.See all
I. GENERAL TERMS
1. These Terms and Conditions define the terms and conditions under which the contest called “CH24 Watch of the Year”, hereinafter referred to as the “Contest”, is held and the conditions for participation in it.
2. CH24 WOTY is organised by CH24.PL (GTK Kiełtyka Tomasz based in Gliwice (44-100), Zygmunta Starego 24A/8, Poland), called hereinafter “CH24.PL”.
3. Election will take place in the following categories:
men’s watch (priced up to 3,000 euros)
ladies watch (priced up to 3,000 euros)
The timepieces will be selected by the jury (in alphabetical order):
Robert-Jan Broer – watch journalist, founder of Fratello Watches
Elizabeth Doerr – watch journalist
Łukasz Doskocz – editor-in-chief of CH24.PL
Frank Geelen – watch journalist, founder of Monochrome-Watches
Kristian Haagen – watch journalist
Tomasz Kiełtyka – founder and owner of CH24.PL
Jan Lidmaňský – watch journalist
Mateusz Musielak – social media manager at CH24.PL
Magdalena Piekarska – editor in CH24.PL
Miguel Seabra – watch journalist and sports commentator
Wadim Zalewski – editor in CH24.PL
Two additional prizes will also be awarded: the Special Jury Prize (for outstanding achievement) and the Grand Prix.
4. Watch seleted in “Public Prize” category, will be chosen by Internet users. One person can vote only one time!
5. Purpose of competition is:
- spreading knowledge of watchmaking,
- selection of the best – according to Jury – watch in 2023
6. The competition is free of charge.
II. SELECTION OF THE PUBLIC PRIZE
- Voting to select the Watch of the Year in the “Public Prize” category will run at this site from September 8 to October 8, 2023 (until 11:59 pm).
- Each participant will be allowed to take part in voting only once. Attempting to vote multiple times will result in the cancellation of all votes cast by the person.
- Participation in the voting consists in clicking on the “Vote” button, located next to the watch selected by the Internet user, presented on the site, and then correctly completing the form and confirming the desire to participate in the competition by clicking on the “SEND” button.
- Members of the jury are excluded from voting in the “Public Prize” category.
- Participation in the voting is equal to acceptance of these regulations.
III. ELECTION OF THE WATCHES BY THE JURY
Election of “CH24 Watch of The Year” takes place in five stages:
- In the first stage, each member of the Jury presents his watch proposals for all the competition categories.
- In the second stage, each member of the Jury assigns points to the previously proposed watches (from 10 to 1 in each category).
- In the third stage, the watches that received the most points are presented to the public in the form of nominations on the woty.pl website in their respective categories.
- In the fourth stage, the Jury allocates points to the watches nominated in each category, thus selecting the winners.
- The final stage is the selection of the CH24 Watch of the Year 2023 (Grand Prix award), made on the basis of the number of points awarded by the Jury to the winners in each category.
Information about the winners of the CH24 Watch of the Year will be published at ch24.pl until 30.12.2023.